Friday, April 20, 2007

Introduction

Throughout the course of this weblog I intend to examine various scholarship concerning blogs and their function in the classroom. I am looking for evidence concerning how blogs influence academia and student writing. It is my assumption, that the discourse of the Internet and "Virtual Learning Environments" will have a negative effect on student's ability to engage in academic discourse, and scholarly writing. I base this assumption on my, albeit limited, knowledge and experience with technology. I want to examine a class blog I took part in, and evaluate how my how my experience with this exercise compares with any of the scholarship I find on the topic. Finally I intend to document my experience creating this blog, and what I have learned overall from this project.